Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Frosted Petals














(photos by me)

If someone were to ask me what would bring me the greatest joy in this blogging hobby of mine, it wouldn't be to reach a milestone of followers or even to get free stuff (don't get it twisted, I would never decline). It would have to be being approached to style for an editorial shoot for a fashion magazine. The mere thought that someone could like my styling enough to want it photographed and in print, being surrounded by so many beautiful pieces to style with from stores of fashion houses I would never dare to step my foot in and not spending a dime...sigh. I'd be like a kid in a candy store! 
Well, for this shoot, I decided to envision my closet as a candy store and went in a more glitzy/vintage direction. Definitely something I would whip up if I were ever asked to style for Harper's or something. I layered an old floral, sequin dress over this glorious, floor-length velvet skirt that I got at Neiman Marcus Last Call at The Mills at Jersey Gardens Mall for 90% off the lowest markdown! The original was $3,200.00, but I got it for $77! I swear I can never live in any other city for reasons like this (NYC is about 1 hr drive from this Jersey location).

Dress: French Connection (old, similar here and here)
Skirt: Oscar de la Renta (old, similar here, love Riri's Fenty x Puma version)
Booties: Sergio Rossi
Bracelet (old, similar) and Choker (old, similar): Paula Mendoza
Gloves: Amazon
Clutch: Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment