Sunday, October 16, 2016

Black Willow






















(Photos by me via iPhone app)

Dress: Milly (sample find, another fringe option here)
Bodysuit: Y.A.S. (a fun, Halloween-friendly version here)
Bag: Gucci (via The Real Real)
Shoes: Valentino
Tights: Asos
Sunnies: Prada (old)
Lippie: Colourpop in 'LAX'

 One of the many reasons why I could never leave New York for good is for the sample sales. There really is no other city that has a sample sale game and culture quite like New York does. It's a pretty pathetic reason, but my frugal, bargain-hunting fashionistas can agree. 
This dress was a steal. It also doesn't look like your typical vibrant, girlie and colorful Milly clothing, but ringing up at $50 at the Milly sample sale last month it was even cheaper than H&M. 
I love how fun yet sensual the dress is. The fringe covers most of the sheer underlay, but there's some subtle exposure once you're in movement. To add a bit more coverage (especially in the derriere area), I wore a new pair of fishnets.  The vampy red shoes, lips and sunnies and my favorite structured bag at the moment brought more edge to the look. An ode to Halloween without looking like I'm wearing a costume! I also love the hint of sweetness that the polka dots on the bodysuit bring to breakup the otherwise dark and gothic ensemble.

7 comments:

  1. I love this dress on you. You look like you are having a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tunmise! A little too much fun, I was getting dizzy, haha! ;)

      Delete
  2. I love this whole look, head to toe!! You are fabulous and a total layering master

    xo Charlotte
    thelittleorangedress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlotte! It the only thing that keeps me from being bored of wearing the same clothes, hahaha. <3

      Delete
  3. This is such a beautiful look! These photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You like New York the same reason I do! Costco has alot of samples! Yummmm :p
    -chichi

    ReplyDelete