Wednesday, June 15, 2016

All the Bright Places




















This post is all about intricate details that are even more visible in the light. I started taking photos at the popular Urban Lights exhibit just outside the LACMA, but it was under construction, so only limited areas were open for public viewing/picture-taking. Under the bright afternoon sun, you can see the elaborate scroll-like designs embossed on each individual lamp post. Pretty cool!
The sun also exposed all the minute detailing on my pieces. The mini pleats on the skirt pair well with the mini pleating/ruching on the top. My favorite part of this skirt is the overlay that can be unzipped halfway to create a fly-away look. Finished off the look with a structured bag, sculpted shoes and futuristic sunglasses. 

Top: Barbara Bui (old, similar here and here)
Skirt: 3.1 Phillip Lim (sold, similar)
Shoes: Dior (old)
Bag: Gucci (via TheRealReal)
Sunnies: Balenciaga (old)
Lippie: Nars "Train Bleu"

2 comments:

  1. .....Sooooooo I have just discovered therealreal.com and let's just say my bank account is in deeeeeeeep trouble lol.You are stunning as always. I'm loving the contrasting grey-ish blue(?) and yellow as well as the textures. I hope your birthday is all that and a Gucci bag! hahaha -xoxox your style sis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL. That site has been the death of me. It started with my Celine box bag...now i'ts a problem. I promised myself to stay away from it for the rest of the year. Let's see how that goes.
      And then there's Trendlee.....sigh.
      And thank you for the birthday love, boo! <3 Love your comments, they always crack me up!!!

      Delete