Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Gucci Be Wearing Gucci??


















(photos by Francis Nweji)

No, i'm not wearing Gucci. But this outfit post is inspired by the vibrant and luxurious red and green hued fabrics of Gucci's Spring 2016 collection. I kept the shoes and bag neutral, yet fun, with not-so-basic designs. 
Are you as in love with Gucci's direction under Alessandro Michelle as much as I and literally the entire fashion world are? Not that I was ever anti-Gucci, but to me Gucci always seemed to cater a bit more to mature audiences. Michelle has reawakened the brand with a youthful and fresh spin, and I am excited to see what else he has in store in the future. I hope he will give us a long tenure at the house, unlike this recent wave of new creative directors who take old fashion houses by storm only to cough up a handful of collections and bounce (no shade, Mr. Wang and Mr. Slimane).

Top: Alice McCall (in black)
Skirt: Grass-fields (old, love this option)
Shoes (old, similar) and Clutch (old, similar): Proenza Schouler
Sunglasses: Prada (old, another fun option)
Earrings: H&M (similar)

4 comments:

  1. Love the color combos going on here Jess. So chic.

    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! I love all the details and all the color. That top is so unique, looks great on you!

    xo Charlotte
    http://thelittleorangedress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlotte! I'm glad you like it! The top is supposed to fit really lose so I was a bit worried at first! :)

      Delete