Thursday, March 10, 2016

Highly Decorated






  








 (photos by Francis Nweji)

Jacket: Burberry (old, very similar)
Jacket (worn as top) and belt (worn as skinny scarf): H&M (old, similar here and here)
Shorts: Club Monaco (old, similar)
Shoes: Sergio Rossi (sold out, similar shapesplurge)
Bag: Celine
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Brooches: Chanel (eBay)
Necklace: Aldo (old, similar)
Rings: Express
Belt: Max Mara (pre-loved)
Lippie: MAC 'All Fired Up'

If you follow me on IG, you may have seen two posts about outfit inspirations that I discovered while leafing through the pages of Harper's Bazaar's Spring Issue. 
This post is inspired by the blinged-out utilitarian tops trend that Harper's Bazaar is forecasting this fall. I'm still building my brooch inventory, so I couldn't heavily decorate the jacket a la HB. So instead I wore the jacket's belt as a skinny scarf in an effort to further adorn the neckline and I slipped on lots of rings. If you haven't noticed, I'm obsessed with mixing feminine and masculine pieces, so I threw on my go-to stiletto booties and some hot pink lipstick to soften the military takeover. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with those booties <3

    xoxo
    http://thelittleorangedress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me too! I must have changed the caps on them like 10 times already, I wear them to much lol. <3

      Delete