Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Coco Shenanigans (NYFW)













(photos by Francis Nweji)

Why can't Fashion Month in February be moved to March? For obvious reasons, it'll be warmer, but also because it's exactly six months from Fashion Month in September. 
Anywho, it's way too cold in February, so I'm only doing one post. I'll make up for it in September (so far from now!). 
I love snow: when i'm watching it fall from inside the warmth of a building, preferably home. Otherwise, it's a nuisance when you're out there. However, I think they made the photos more magical, so in this case it was an added bonus.
This look is inspired by the classic, ultra-feminine Coco Chanel, with a rebellious, edgy twist. which modern Chanel under Karl Lagerfeld already perfects.
Let's talk about the skirt. As I mentioned in my Wangin' It post, I scored three skirts for $150 at the Otte NY Warehouse sale last month. Well, this was among them, and the best steal of all. Though it was $50 like the rest, it has the deepest discount. You have no idea how far Fashion Week seemed to me because I was itching to save this fun, show stopping skirt for one of the most fashionable times of the year. How is your fashion week going? Have you attended any shows?


Jacket: J. Crew (old, similar style)
Tights: Kate Spade (similar)
Clutch: Olympia-Le Tan (similar, budget friendly)
Gloves: Blumarine (old)
Brooch: Chanel (try eBay)

No comments:

Post a Comment