Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Sweater + Feather Weather











(photos by Francis Nweji)

Just a quick post for MLK Day! I decided to center my look around this feathered skirt (previously worn here and here). Feathers come from birds, and no other animal better represents freedom and hope than a bird in flight.
I was set on wearing this look sans tights (I honestly dislike tights, I feel like they often ruin outfits), but that thought was overly ambitious. The wind was insane! It makes for great Beyonce' wind-like glam shots, plus, the feathers are more whimsical when the wind flirts with them, but all that was not worth the chill factor. But if there must be one thing that I love winter for, it's for the chunky knitwear and cozy sweaters, especially the turtlenecks that they yield. (Second is hot chocolate!) I'm obsessed with the cable-knit design and pom-poms on this one.
Hope you enjoyed your MLK weekend!

Sweater: Zara (sold out, try this one)
Skirt: Club Monaco in Rose color
Shoes: Valentino
Bag: Salvatore Ferragamo

2 comments:

  1. ALWAYS SO FEMININE AND CHIC! THE TIGHTS REALLY WORK FOR ME ...I LOVE IT!! GIVING ME ALL KINDS OF ROMANCE AND CHICNESS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, LaNatria, my style sis! <3

      Delete