Monday, January 11, 2016

Sherlock and Key







(photos by Francis Nweji)

It's 2016! I hope you all had a fun and amazing New Year! I know I did...in fact I think I had enough fun for the entire year!
For this first blog post of the New Year, I'm donning a bunch of new stuff I purchased from all the CRAZY sales that have been going on since Black Friday. I have been eyeing this Marissa Webb vest and skirt co-ord for months, ever since I saw it during NYFW on Wendy Nguyen of Wendy's Lookbook and Helena Glazer Hodne of Brooklyn Blonde. I'm not going to lie: it's a tricky piece to style. But I think Helena paired it best with a classic button down tucked inside the skirt. I must've tried pairing it with at least ten different tops (sweaters, tees, blouses) in ten different ways, but the button down won every time. It has a very Sherlock Holmes-menswear vibe.
Now on to the choker. If you follow me on Instagram, you would've seen me rocking this keyhole neck piece in two selfies. I AM OBSESSED. I first saw it on Dawn Richard's Instagram account and tracked it down on Laurie Fleming's swebsite. I waited until Black Friday to see if she was having any specials, and she was! I purchased it at 20% off! As excited as I am to own such a stunning brass statement piece, I am also dreading the day when I can no longer wear it. I've become so attached to it and I want to wear it with everything. I'm starting to look into investing in some gold plated pieces with higher karats. They will be more expensive but at least they last longer!
Last but not least, I decided I needed a new bag, something small enough to fit all my on-the-go essentials. This Ferragamo Fiamma bag is exactly what I've been looking for. I remember gazing at it with longing eyes when it was first introduced in 2014, and I never thought I'd end up owning one. I thought it was just going to be one of those items you won't even waste your time window shopping after or dreaming about because it's just too pricey. But then I saw it on MyHabit for 66% off. The rest is history. I especially love the lock closure at the front, with the key attached to the pocket inside the leather strap that hangs from the handle. 
Okay, that's enough shopping for a while. Part of my New Year's resolution is to cut spending. We'll see how that goes...

Vest and Skirt: Marissa Webb
Shirt: Zara
Coat: XOXO (old)
Boots: Coach (old)

2 comments:

  1. Such a sophisticated look, I love the asymmetrical skirt! And that bag is just so little and cute :) Great finds

    xo Charlotte
    http://thelittleorangedress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete