Monday, December 28, 2015

Stars and Spots Forever








(photos by Francis Nweji)

Merry Christmas! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and got everything you asked for! I decided to brave the crowds and shoot these photos at Rockefeller Center.
 This is a really old dress...I think it's about four years old. That's the thing about great dresses: you can wear them out when it's new, forget about them for a few years, pull them out again, and yet it still gives you that same confident, "wow" feeling you had when you first tried it on in the fitting room. 
I like to call this my "freakum" dress because it reminds me of something Queen Bey would rock. The ruching in the front and back give the illusion of curves. I love that it's black shade mutes out the potential loudness it would've had if it came in a brighter color. The black metallic detail brings some subtle shine and texture variety. Can you tell that it's a leopard-print frock? I added some colorful embellished wedges and shinny accessories to slightly brighten the look. The leather elbow length gloves toughen the look.
This oldie-but-a-goodie dress is perfect for the Holidays, especially the upcoming New Year's. What will you be wearing for New Year's? 

Dress: H&M (old)
Shoes: Giuseppe Zanotti (old)
Gloves: Amazon
Purse: Giorgio Armani (old)
Cuff & Ring: Eddie Borgo

No comments:

Post a Comment