Saturday, November 28, 2015

That Holiday Bling

















 (photos by Francis Nweji)

It's my favorite time of the year! I'm really excited to put together some holiday looks on the blog!
This sweater wrap dress kicks off the start of the season appropriately with it's festive, fuzzy embellishments, cozy, open-stitch knit pattern and a dash of lace. The furry embellishments splattered across the dress remind me of Dippin' Dots and Birthday Cake, and they distribute color to the otherwise dominant neutral hues of the dress. I continued on the dot-pattern train and added these polka-dot tights a la DVF.
It is a playful and flirty ensemble, yet edgy, particularly with the plunging V-neckline at the back. I love my plunging V's, both front and back alike, and this one can be both! You can reverse the dress so that the fun in the back moves to the front!  I decided to highlight more of the edge by sporting a shimmery metallic lip.
I love that this dress is not doused in metallics and sequins, wrapped in lace or decked in traditional red or green, yet still very fitting for the holiday party season.

Dress: DVF (sold out)
Shoes: Jimmy Choo (in blue/grey/yellow, pink is sold out)
Clutch: Olympia Le-Tan
Earrings: Aldo (try J. Crew)
Tights: Hanes (similar)
Lippie: MAC 'Viva La Glam Rihanna 2' (sold out)

8 comments:

  1. Cute knit

    BLEURGH - www.bleurghnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty dress.. looks comfy too! :)

    And I love those dotty tights! :)

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's extremely warm and cozy! Thanks so much, Natassia! :)

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty dress, I love that it has just a touch of color among the neutrals. Also great choice pairing it with dotted tights, so unexpected. You rock it!

    thelittleorangedress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete