Sunday, November 8, 2015

Balmain Army












 (photos by Francis Nweji)

 If Balmain had a real army for it's World "Balmaination" takeover, this blazer will undoubtedly be part of their uniform. 
This blazer was the other item I purchased from the H&M x Balmain Collection. It's actually my sister's, but what are sisters for if we can't wear each other's clothes? 
This 100% wool blazer is just perfection. I know it's not the real deal, but for $130, the quality and craftsmanship is superb. I can list a handful of retailers who sell blazers with a retail value of $130 or more, with half the quality. However, like the embellished jacket worn in my previous post, the sizing runs really small. This jacket is 3 sizes up, as it is my sisters, but it's only a little big on me. The next size down (which would make 2 sizes up from my original size) would probably fit best.

This jacket can be worn with so many things: I can't wait to explore! For it's debut, I decided to go slightly casual by pairing it with my favorite (and only) jean skirt. I glamed the look up further by adding my favorite brooch accessories,which pulled it even further towards a full-on vintage look (the shoulder pads were already giving power-dressing era vibes). I love how the "V" split at the hem of the blazer matches the "V" split on the skirt. Coincidental! 
That's it for #BALMAINATION! I love my limited edition, high-street meets high end collaborations, so I'll be sure to blog about the next one once they announce it!

Blazer: H&M x Balmain (sold out, try eBay at your own risk or splurge on the real deal here)
Skirt: Rag & Bone 
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik (old)
Clutch: Vintage
Belt: Emilio Pucci (similar)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your look, the blazer is amazing!
    http://www.elblogdesilvia.com/
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blazer.. together with that denim skirt! :)

    Great outfit! :)

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete