Saturday, November 7, 2015

A #BALMAINATION!














(photos by Francis Nweji)

I survived #HMBalmaination!
 It was quite the experience being a first time "camper" or maybe "glamper" would be more appropriate. I was a lot luckier than other glampers; I didn't experience any of the madness or frenzy that other H&M locations did, as was displayed all over social media. It was very smooth and organized and everyone followed directions. I even made some friends who ended up giving us a ride home! Us campers were grateful for the warmer temps, because the night was very cold, and I can only imagine how much colder the typical November night would've been! Even while shooting in this blazer the next day, I was sweating!
I was the first in line, woo-hoo! and therefore got first dibs on the entire collection. My first choice unfortunately was not available at this H&M location, but I'm absolutely in LOVE with my second pick: this blazer famously donned on Kendall Jenner at the announcement of the H&M x Balmain collaboration at the 2015 MTV Awards.
It's a statement piece on its own, so I kept everything else as simple as possible. I think the next time I'll wear it I'll throw on a gold choker and booties. 
Setbacks: 
1.) I had to go up two sizes, the sizing ran extremely small. My biggest issue is with the sleeves, they are so tight around my arms! Even in this bigger size. 
2.) I know that while wearing embellishments, losing beading and sequins are inevitable. But I've already lost a couple of pieces, even while shooting this look, you can see some areas that are missing more bead work in the night shoot. I was extremely careful, I tried not to touch anything! They included some extra beads, but if they fall at this rate, I'll need more!

Stay tuned! My next blog post will be about the second item I purchased from the collection!

Dress: H&M x Balmain (sold out)
Shorts: H&M (similar)
Shoes: Sergio Rossi (old, similar here, here)
Bag: Celine

6 comments:

  1. I've seen how these H&M things go in the Netherlands, so I decided to pass on the madness.

    But seeing that dress.. wow.. you look great in it! :D

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! I'm so glad my experience was civil! And thanks so much Natassia!

      Delete
  2. Me hubiera encantado conseguir algo pero fue imposible :)
    http://www.elblogdesilvia.com/
    besitos

    ReplyDelete