Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Te Amo














(photos by Francis Nweji)

This photo shoot is inspired by one of my favorite Rihanna videos, Te Amo, from 2010. I remember how much I fell in love with her Mara Hoffman dress as she ran around in it across a misty field. Not too long after the video premier, I stumbled upon this dress at H&M. It doesn't quite look the same, but they share a few similarities such as the lace/mesh-back detail, the v-neck, the empire waistline and a watercolor-y print (?). I toughened up the look, a la Rihanna, with some edgy shoes and a metal choker. I was going to go for the dark lipstick, but I liked the nude more. Now looking back at the photos, I think I should've opted for the dark lip for more drama! Te amo, Rihanna.

Dress: H&M (old, similar)
Shoes: Alexander Wang (sold out, but similiar)
Bag: Celine
Choker: Zara (old)

2 comments:

  1. The dress really has an undertone similar to Riri's own. I loved Te Amo when it came out(I still do). I guess darker lips would have been more suitable, but, hey you still rocked the nude lips well. High five girlie!



    Come around my blog sometime, it's
    www.iblogwithgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading, Grace! And yes, Te Amo is such a great song! :)

      Delete