Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Midas Touch















(photos by Francis Nweji)

Jacket (worn as top): Club Monaco (sold out), similar here
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik (similar here)
Brooches: Chanel (via eBay)
Bag: Celine (via The Real Real) similar here
Lippie: RiRi Woo

As many fellow bloggers can attest to, finding the perfect spot to take photos can be quite difficult. There are times when I'm out and about and stumble upon an area that would be great for my next blog post, only to arrive that photo shoot day and find it crowded with people. That happens a lot. Or, the lighting is terrible; my timing was off and the sun position had changed, making it dark. Or, like the one time I wanted to shoot photos at on the grand marble staircase entry of the main library at 34th Street, only to discover upon arrival that it was under heavy construction! So many unforeseen circumstances!
This shoot, however, was pretty seamless. I did arrive a little later than usual, which meant not as much sunlight, but that was my fault. Sometimes I go crazy and venture off to different spots while shooting, when I should just stay in one place and save the other spots for future photo shoots, like I did in this one. (Hence the Katherne Hepburn Garden) All the same, I had fun. This has to be one of my favorite shoots so far.
Say hello to two new closet additions: my Celine box bag via The Real Real, and my new Chanel brooch, both second-hand gems. I'm really getting into this reused thing, it's great! Especially when it comes to investment pieces!
The gold hardware on the top, the brooches and the bag lock make a simple yet bold statement on an otherwise neutral outfit. Plus, can you tell that the top is a jacket? I'll wear it as one on a future post.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, I love it Jenny πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I so relate about finding the right locations, very challenging sometimes. But I love your skirt, fits like a glove on you and the brooch is super cute.
    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, doll! Such a struggle being a fashion blogger, but it's all worth it! ;)

      Delete
  3. This outfit is absolutely gorgeous! Love the color of the purse and the way the jacket turned top drops off your shoulder and the skirt is the perfect length with the perfect slit. Also, I have quite a few shoots taken when outside starts getting dark and I get so mad that I just delete them all haha, it's so frustrating


    Agnes x

    http://blvckbee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much pretty lady! It takes me forever to get ready so I'm always leaving my house later than expected, but whatever! Being fashionable is not easy!

      Delete