Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Gingham Style









(photos by Francis Nweji)

Dress: Carven (similar here)
Shoes: Jimmy Choo 
Hat: H&M
Sunnies: Just Cavalli

I purchased the last piece of this dress on TheOutnet.com, but Yoox.com also has some other variations of this frock from Carven's SS '14 collection. Everyone is raving about the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, but I don't ever find great deals! I personally find more luck with the aforementioned sites.
My favorite details of the dress are the architectural flaps at the front and the short arm sleeves. The peekaboo lace detail just above the western-inspired embroidered belt are added bonuses.
These shoes? I was torn between this color combination and the blue/yellow/green combo, but I remembered that I'm on this "stay away from blues" thing. I own too much of the hue. Plus, I don't own any pink shoes, so these are my first! They are classic, yet edgy, which is the perfect tool to toughen up this cutesy outfit.
This book clutch is my favorite clutch right now. Unlike most Olympia Le-Tan clutches, this one is made in leather. So no need to constantly worry about staining the canvas! I'm all for investment pieces, but invest wisely. Unless I become a millionaire, investing in canvas accessories is something I am extremely reluctant to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment