Thursday, April 30, 2015

Gilt City Warehouse Sale Event 2015


I am a huge fan of Gilt.com and an avid customer, so when I heard about Gilt City's Warehouse Event on Friday, April 24th, I snagged a ticket without even thinking twice about what my budget looked like. When my fellow fashion blogger/sorority sister, Charlotte of The Little Orange Dress told me she was also attending, I grew even more excited. It's nice to have someone who shares your shopping addiction and love of fashion. What's not to love about finding big discounts on designer merchandise?

Charlotte of The Little Orange Dress


They had racks after racks of merchandise, from Oscar de la Renta and Carolina Herrera gowns to J Brand jeans and Kate spade blouses. Their shoe section was also pretty impressive; I spotted a cute pair of Charlotte Olympia's (but they were still pretty pricey). This was every shopaholics dream world. I especially love that they had color coded discounts that ranged from 50% to 80% off the already discounted price!



The problem I faced was that there simply wasn't enough time to try on everything. They had so much merchandise but we were only given a two hour timeframe to shop. It was after work so I was already exhausted. Plus for bargain hunters and shopaholics like ourselves, we like to take our time to decide on what to keep and what to chuck. I had no time to take any pictures of the things that caught my eye!


Some Oscar de la Renta Belts.
The checkout line once the event ended.

Charlotte and I!


I foolishly did not save enough for this event. I had just purchased the perfect birthday outfit sooner than expected because Yoox.com had a random 15% off everything sale and I couldn't risk waiting. It ate up most of what I put aside for this event. I didn't feel any regrets until I found a Zac Posen jacket for $109 that made me gasp a little inside once I saw myself in the communal fitting room mirror. I guess it just wasn't meant to be!
Overall, this event was definitely worth experiencing. Next year, I will make sure I have more funds and take advantage of some of the free-bees: cocktails, wine and snacks.
I did manage to purchase some cute pumps!


Dress: BCBG MaxAzria
Blazer: Club Monaco
Belt: Emilio Pucci
Clutch: Proenza Schouler
Watch: Michael Kors

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun event, I had a blast shopping together! We will definitely have to go again next year! :)

    xoxo, Charlotte
    thelittleorangedress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was! I'm so glad you came with me! :) Until next year!

      Delete