Monday, April 13, 2015

Candy Kane















(photos By Francis Nweji)

Hello! This is my first shoot in Manhattan so I thought, why not go the whole nine yards and recreate an SJP circa Sex and the City look? Of course I upped the ante a bit with my own personal touch.  
By adding a chunky chain necklace and studded shoes, it brought an edgy rebel from what would have been a completely sweet, cutesy-girl outfit. The oversize zipper on the top also helped toughen up the look. I particularly love the gradient black and grey stripes. 
Don't you love how the leather opera gloves can either toughen up or add class to your look? In this case, its doing both. The book clutch compliment both the skirt and gloves, giving it a more "fairy tale" flair.

Enjoy and thanks for reading!

**Disclaimer: Wind and tulle do NOT mix well.**
 They may look great in photos but it was a struggle trying to get the tulle to stay down, it just floats on the wind!

Top: Christopher Kane (sold out)
Skirt: Windsor (they have so many lengths and colors!)
Shoes: Valentino
Necklace: Aldo (similar)
Gloves: Amazon
Fedora: Borrowed from my Dad
Lipstick: MAC 'All Fired Up

No comments:

Post a Comment